Our Mission at Morning Glory Preschool is to ensure that every child is seen, heard, and accepted as a unique and complex individual. We believe that play is an important and necessary part of a child’s cognitive development.
Our teachers act primarily as observers and facilitators. They encourage the children to engage in understanding the world around them through hands-on activities, music, art, story telling and imaginative play. The teachers further the children’s learning through direct conversation and open-ended questions. We believe that by providing a safe and loving environment our children will grow into self-sufficient, caring individuals and productive members of our society.
Our ideas and practices are based on the constructivist, developmental perspective of theorists such as Jean Piaget, Lev Vygotsky, and Maria Montessori.
- Established for over 60 years.
- Kindergarten readiness.
- Conveniently located in Venice between Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, and Culver City.
- Personal, warm, creative, friendly, and affordable.
For children from 2-1/2 to 5.
- Morning Glory is state licensed, staffed by fully qualified teachers and offers flexible schedules to meet child and parent needs.
- Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Morning Glory owner is Jessica Chang and director is Susana Leyva